Thursday, May 3, 2012

Stylin' Stampin' Squad Blog Hop -- May Edition

Happy Thursday!! 

It has been an absolutely gorgeous few days here in Colorado! I CANNOT believe we are already in MAY!! In fact, today marks my Dad and Mom's 44TH ANNIVERSARY!! I am so very blessed to have parents like them and I thank God each day that they have been a wonderful godly example all these years!

And since we are beginning a new month, that means it is time for our Stylin' Stampin' Squad Blog Hop! 

The ladies have lined up some amazing projects again this month! These are our friends who are participating this month:

  1. Shellie G. of Creative Electica
  2. Annie L. of Love Me Cards
  3. Pam S. of Stampin' in the Sun!
  4. Nancy B. of Lady Stamps a Lot
  5. Rose C. of Stamp with Rose
  6. Tonya B. of Stampin' with Tonya
  7. Dawn S. of Dawn's Creative Chalet
  8. Patricia T. of Sunnyone Stampin'
  9. Heather W. of Heather's Stampin' Blog
  10. Pamela W. of Stinky Tofu
  11. Marla R. of Marla's Stampin' Spot
  12. Darcy J. of DJ's Stampin' Place
  13. Nicole B. of Creations by Mommy
  14. Kim R. of Stamping with Kim


So Let's Get Hoppin'...

The color challenge for this month was to use three colors from the Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper: Daffodil Delight, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Tangerine Tango and Rich Razzleberry. This paper will be available starting June 1st. Ask your Demonstrator for more details! 

Our theme is Mother’s Day/ Kids/ Friendship. I combined the color challenge and our theme to come up with this first project. I wanted to make something I could give my Mom but also make it so it could be displayed year-round. I hope she'll know each time she sees it that she is being thought of, no matter how far apart we are!



I used all the basic colors from a sheet of the Summer Smooches DSP. I came up with the design for the flowers in the center by recreating the pattern featured on the DSP. The flowers were made using various punches and our Basic Pearls colored with a Sharpie Marker. The frame itself was a dollar store find!


SUPPLIES:
PAPER: Summer Smooches DSP, Daffodil Delight, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Tangerine Tango and Rich Razzleberry
STAMPS: Curly Cute
INK: Versamark
TOOLS: 3/4" Circle, 1/2" Circle and Blossom Petals Builder Punches, Heat Tool
OTHER: Basic Pearls, Sharpie Markers, Black Frame, White Embossing Powder
__________________________________________________________________________________

My second project is a Get-Well card. 


I was inspired by my last project to continue with another "Happy-Cheery" project. I am certain this card would make anyone feel better!

I also thought I should use this stamp set and these accessories as many of them are on the Retiring List and won't be around for much longer! Might as well use them while I can!

SUPPLIES:
PAPER: Daffodil Delight, Real Red, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White
STAMPS: Sincere Salutations (RETIRING)
INK: Real Red
TOOLS: Doily Triple Layer Punch (RETIRING), Blossom Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Big Shot, Finial Press Embossing Folder (RETIRING)
OTHER: So Saffron Designer Button, Basic Pearls, Sharpie Marker, Real Read 5/8" Satin Ribbon (RETIRING)

__________________________________________________________________________________

Well, that's what I have to share with you this month...be sure to head on over to Rose and see what maaaaavelous things she has to share with you!



Have a great weekend!


8 comments:

Pat T. said...

Great projects! Thank you for sharing.

Marla Reed said...

Happy Anniversary to your parents! 44 years! Wow! :)

I love how you colored the pearls with a marker- what a great touch! The colors on your card are so bright and cheery and I absolutely love the different colors of card stock that are embossed- GORGEOUS!

Heather Williams said...

Nancy, what wonderful projects! I just love altered frames and you did a fabulous job! The card is a great way to use of scraps, I'm definitely going to give it a try! TFS!

Dawn's Creative Chalet said...

Beautiful projects!!! I just love them! Happy Anniversary to your parents!!!

Stampin Dj said...

I love your blog layout. And that Get Well card...WOW! The colors are so striking together!

Tonya said...

Wonderful projects. I really like the idea of using a sharpie to customize your pearls. I am sure your mom will love it. The colors on your card are so fun. Will have to try them together myself. Thanks for sharing.

Annie Lee said...

Happy anniversary to your parents! I LOVE the frame display! It's beautiful and it's useful! You have used couple of my very favorite retiring products on your card. Great projects!

Cathy said...

I love the colors on the get well card. It looks very sharp the way you embossed them together! (Can we make it? ;)