Thursday, April 5, 2012

Stylin' Stampin' Squad April Blog Hop

It's that time again...you know...when the earth wakes from it's winter slumber and all the flowers and trees come alive before our eyes! This is certainly my favorite time of year!

And it's also time for this month's Stylin Stampin' Squad Blog Hop! 


You're probably arrived here from Pam's blog. She had some great projects, didn't she? In case you've missed any of the stops, here is a list of everyone participating this month:
  1. Shellie G. of Creative Electica
  2. Annie L. of Love Me Cards
  3. Pam S. of Stampin' in the Sun!
  4. Nancy B. of Lady Stamps-A-Lot (that's me!)
  5. Anji C. of Altered Scraps Blog
  6. Rose C. of Stamp with Rose
  7. Tonya B. of Stampin' with Tonya
  8. Dawn S. of Dawn's Creative Chalet
  9. Patricia T. of Sunnyone Stampin'
  10. Heather W. of Heather's Stampin' Blog
  11. Pamela W. of Stinky Tofu
  12. Linda O. of Stamp at Linda's
  13. Marla R. of Marla's Stampin' Spot
  14. Darcy J. of DJ's Stampin' Place
  15. Nicole B. of Creations by Mommy
  16. Pam S. of Sunny Girl Scraps
  17. Kim R. of Stamping with Kim
 
My first project highlights our challenges this month. Vintage Vogue was the chosen stamp set and Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade and Elegant Eggplant were the colors. I knew these would look awesome together, but you know what? I don't own Lucky Limeade or Elegant Eggplant inks!! So I chose the ink that was the closest match: Old Olive and Concord Crush.

(I know, I did not really succeed in my challenge...but I am close...does that count?)

I cut the label shape from the center of the DSP and since it is double-sided, I just flipped it over and glued it back in that same spot. The final touch was smudging the vines a little using my blender pen and some Wisteria Wonder ink.

SUPPLIES:
PAPER: Regals Patterns DSP (in Elegant Eggplant),Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant
STAMPS: Vintage Vogue
INK: Old Olive, Concord Crush, Wisteria Wonder
TOOLS: Big Shot, Labels Collection Framelits Dies, Blender Pens
OTHER: Basic Pearls

 __________________________________________________________________________________

I made a second card to fall into our Hop's Wedding theme:

It is so very simple (yet elegant!) with the Glossy White cardstock. I cut the rings by first cutting the Glimmer Paper with the 1/2" Circle Punch and then with the 3/4" inch Circle Punch.

SUPPLIES:
PAPER: Glossy White, Silver Glimmer Paper
STAMPS: Family Reunion
INK: Versamark
TOOLS: Big Shot, 3/4" Circle Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Designer Frames (Oval) and Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Embossing Folders
OTHER: Silver Embossing Powder

 __________________________________________________________________________________

My 3D project took a long time to come up with! I spend so much time designing cards that I have such a hard time thinking outside that box! ;-)


I recalled seeing various examples of these gems on Pinterest lately and thought I'd like to try my hand at them. They are SUPER-EASY!! I found the little flat-bottomed glass pebbles a the dollar store (you can't beat that price!) and then glued little circles of paper on the bottom. I am going to glue magnets on some of them so I can decorate my fridge!


SUPPLIES:
PAPER: Twitterpated DSP
OTHER: Glass Pebbles

 __________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to head on over to Anji's to see what amazing projects she has for you this month!



 

    14 comments:

    Pat T. said...

    Beautiful projects. Thanks for sharing.

    Stampin Dj said...

    OMG! I LOVE your wedding card!

    shellie g said...

    Very nice Nancy! Both of your cards are beautiful and you glass blobs are so pretty. Get magnets on them sooner rather than later :-)

    Heather Williams said...

    Beautiful wedding card and what a great idea with the glass pebbles. Probably a kid-friendly project too. Your colors looked great btw!

    Dawn's Creative Chalet said...

    Nancy, very very nice projects.. I love your cards and your 3D project with the glass bubbles :) Inky Hugs!

    Marla Reed said...

    Nancy, all of your projects are amazing! I really like the first card and I think you did a fabulous job with the challenge. LOVE the rings made from the glimmer paper for the wedding card- I will be CASing that idea for sure. The glass pebbles are super cute. I have been seeing them on Pinterest too, but haven't tried them yet. I may have to try now that I know they aren't too hard to make. :)

    Pam Staples said...

    Drop dead GORGEOUS cards! The wedding card is fabulous and so very elegant - better by Millions of Dollars than anything store bought. Love your cute little 3D project.

    Anonymous said...

    I want to make some glass pebbles, off to the dollar store I go!!! - PW

    Tonya said...

    I love all your projects but the wedding card is so very pretty and elegant that it is my favorite. Thanks for sharing them.

    Rose Castillo said...

    All your projects are great but I especially love your "color challenge" card. Those colors are great together.

    Annie Lee said...

    Wow, such beautiful cards and awesome glass pebbles! What did you use to glue the paper to the pebble? So cute!

    Kim Ryden said...

    Love, love, love your magnets. I think I might have to make some and have a class too! :)

    Norma said...

    WOW! beautiful cards and Love the magnets with those DSP!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    Pam Steckman said...

    I love these cards so much! I especially love the simplicity of the Wedding card... your card challenge was simply amazing, I will be CASEing this for sure! Love the little stone magnets! You wow'ed me this month!