Monday, March 12, 2012

Tale of Two Hearts

One of the hardest styles of cards to design (in my opinion) are Masculine cards. I usually come up with an initial design and check it by my husband to see how “manly” it is. Sometimes I am successful; other times, not so much!

So last month, as I was getting things ready for my February Club, I figured I should come up with something the ladies could make for their husbands. 


This no-nonsense, no-frills card was simple to make since the focal point is from the Designer Cuts card set from the Occasions Mini. I sponged some Basic Gray ink on the heart to compliment the Twitterpated Designer Series Paper. I added the ribbon but decided again a bow or knot. The large heart was away from the DSP using the Heart Framelits Collection die.

SUPPLY LIST:
PAPER: Basic Gray, Riding Hood Red, Twitterpated DSP, Designer Cuts Card
INK: Basic Gray
TOOLS:Big Shot, Heart Collection Framelits Die, Sponge Dauber
OTHER: 5/8" Basic Gray Satin Ribbon


Afterwards, I decided I would revamp the design so the card could be used for another occasion:


I kept the concept simple but made the colors a little more vibrant. I figured this one might be good for an engagement card or even a non-traditional wedding card. 

SUPPLY LIST
PAPER: Island Indigo, Twitterpated DSP
INK: Riding Hood Red
TOOLS: Big Shot, Hearts Collection Framelits Die
OTHER: 3/8" Riding Hood Red Satin Pleated Ribbon, Tempting Turquoise Designer Button


Since neither card is stamped with a sentiment, the possibilities are endless for who could receive these cards! 

No comments: