Thursday, October 4, 2012

Stylin' Stampin' Squad Blog Hop -- October Edition


Wow.

October?

Already?

Many of the trees outside are an absolutely STUNNING shade of yellow! The nights are much cooler and they have even mentioned the word...<gulp>...SNOW in the forecast for this weekend! Gotta love the fall in Colorado! :o)

A new month also means getting to work alongside all the amazing and talented gals from the Stylin' Stampin' Squad Blog Hop!




Here are this month's Blog Hop Participants:

1. Shellie G. of Creative Electica
2. Pam S. of Stampin' in the Sun!
3. Nancy B. of Lady Stamps-A-Lot
4. Rose C. of Stamp with Rose
5. Tonya B. of Stampin' with Tonya
6. Dawn S. of Dawn's Creative Chalet
7. Patricia T. of Sunnyone Stampin'
8. Pamela W. of Stinky Tofu
9. Darcy J. of DJ's Stampin' Place
10. Kim R. of Stamping with Kim
11. Nancy B of Momma B Stampin'
12. Terry B of Goin' Over the Edge

This time we are sharing our Halloween projects. Truth be told, since we don't really "do" Halloween in our house, I've never had reason to purchase any of those stamps. But I figured pumpkin-themed projects would work well for many Harvest occasions this fall!


Since I am also "pumpkinless" in the stamp department, I created a punch-art one using the Extra-Large Oval Punch. I layered a few on top of each other and sponged a bit of ink around the edges to create the shading. It's hard to see in the first photo, but the entire card sparkles!

(You can see it much better in this second shot)

All I did was throw a few drops of shimmer paint into our Stampin' Spritzer and then topped it off with 70% isopropyl alcohol. The alcohol evaporates and all you are left with is sparkly-goodness! :o)

My 3D project was inspired by a similar one by my friend KJ. She shared it with a bunch of demonstrators here in town. They are SUPER easy to make! All you do is place [approximately] 8 orange slice candies inside a plastic-lined bowl and then twist the ends up together to make a stem. Instead of using floral tape to hold the stem together I just placed sticky strip on the back of the piece of ribbon and then wrapped that around the stem. To make the leaves I cut several sections from a piece of cardstock that was cut using the Blossom Punch.



__________________________________________________________
SUPPLIES:

CARD:
PAPER:  Early Espresso, Crumb Cake and Lucky Limeade Cardstock, Orchard Harvest DSP
STAMPS: Seasonal Sayings
INK:  Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake
TOOLS: Extra-Large Oval and Small Heart Punches; Labels Collection Framelits; Big Shot
OTHER: Dimensionals, Stampin’ Spritzer, Sponge Daubers, Champagne Shimmer Paint

PUMPKIN:
PAPER:  Always Artichoke Cardstock, Orchard Harvest DSP
TOOLS: Blossom Punch
OTHER: Sticky Strip, Chocolate Chip ½” Scallop Dots Ribbon, Linen Thread, Plastic Wrap, Orange Slice Candy
__________________________________________________________

Thanks for stopping by and now be sure to head on over to check out Rose's awesome projects!


10 comments:

Pat T. said...

Gorgeous projects! The card and the 3D item totally wowed me. What an excellent way to give a treat. Thank you so much for sharing!

Stampin Dj said...

I'm in LOVE with your card and your treats!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Tonya said...

Cute projects! The candy pumpkin is such a cute idea and your card feels very fall like. Thanks for sharing.

Terry said...

Cute, cute, cute. I love the punched pumpkin out of patterned paper. The card looks great. And the treat is adorable. I'm now following you and hope you'll follow my blog at http://goinovertheedge.blogspot.com.

Hugs,

Terry

Dawn's Creative Chalet said...

Nancy, I love your pumpkin on your card.. I need to CASE that ;) Have a wonderful day!!!!

Kim Ryden said...

Cute cute pumpkins! Love your projects!

Annie Lee said...

What a yummy project! I love it. LURVE the shimmer on the card! What an unexpected surprise! I might have to give that a try. :)

Rose Castillo said...

Your pumpkin projects are so cute. I am going to have to try and make some of those candy pumpkins. I love eating those orange slices. Yummy. Your card is adorable too.

Pam Steckman said...

I love the projects! You did a wonderful job! I am totally stealing the candy idea!

Nancy Brown said...

Great projects Nancy. I love how you were still able to create a fall card without stamps. Your "treat" is too cute (and looks delish!)